- Primate Books
- Don't Shoot The Dog!
Don't Shoot the Dog!: The New Art of Teaching and Training - by Karen Pryor
"This delightful, clear, and utterly helpful book is for anyone who wants to understand or change the behavior of an animal - whether the animal in question is a barking dog, a nosy neighbour, a hostile cat, or you and your own bad habits." Carol Tavris - Ph. D.
Karen Pryor's clear and entertaining explanation of behavioral training methods made Don't Shoot The Dog! a bestselling classic. This revised edition presents more of her insights into animal - and human - behavior.
Here are the secrets of using positive reinforcement to change behavior in pets, monkeys, kids - even yourself - without yelling, threats, force, punishment, guilt trips... or shooting the dog:
Primate Store is recommending this book to new and current primate owners simply because the techniques in this book apply to all living creatures, monkeys included. This book was actually recommended to us by an animal trainer. He's been working with primates for over 25 years for movies and tv!
- The principles of the revolutionary "clicker training" method
- Eight methods of ending undesirable habits
- The ten laws of shaping behavior
- Tips for house-training the dog, improving your tennis game, or dealing with an impossible teenager
- Exploration or exciting new uses for reinforcement training
More From Primate Store
RopeTugz Blue Monkey Toy
Climb-N-Crawl Caterpillar Tunnel